Kyra van den Berg on Oman Construction Summit 2014
Posted on 4th January 2014 in Interviews
Kyra van den Berg, Divisional Marketing Director at IQPC Middle East, the organizers of Oman Construction Summit talks to Ventures Onsite about the upcoming Oman Construction Summit 2014 event (http://www.omanconstructionsummit.com) scheduled to take place from 26-29 January 2014 in Crowne Plaza Muscat, Oman.
1. Can you tell us more about the 2014 edition of Oman Construction Summit?
Oman is currently shifting its construction focus to key areas such as social infrastructure, tourism and utilities. US $27 billion has been allocated during 2014 for airports, seaports and harbours, power and water, housing and sports projects. Oman Construction Summit 2014 will place a spotlight on these projects. Contractors and construction firms are playing a major role in facilitating economic growth in the Sultanate, and we are offering them a platform to get together and discuss business.
2. What is the difference in attendees compared to the previous editions of the event?
Each edition there is a shift in the range of companies attending Oman Construction as we tend to focus on different projects every year. Therefore, attendees can expect to meet a new range of key stakeholders with construction projects each time they attend.
As contractors and construction firms are playing a major role in the industry, IQPC and GEC are inviting contractors working in, or wanting to work in, Oman’s construction industry to participate in the summit.
3. Can you give us a brief on the topics on focus and also the speakers?
- H.E. Mohsen bin Mohammed bin Ali al Shaikh, Chairman of Muscat Municipality will open the Summit be our Chief Guest
- Eng. Khalid bin Khamis Al-Hashmi, Director of Building Permits of Muscat Municipality, will take part in a panel discussion
- H.E. Salim Al Aufi , Chief Executive Officer of Public Authority of Civil Aviation will provide an overview of the airport projects
- Sheikh Ibrahim Al Hosni, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Duqm Development Company will highlight the main projects in Duqm
- Ahmed Bin Saleh Al Jahdhami, Chief Executive Officer of Oman Power and Water Procurement Company (OPWP) will update us on their plans for 2014
- Zayed Mohrammi, Director General for Harbour Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries will examine the development of Oman’s fishing ports
- Christa Diener, Vice President, Design, Engineering and Planning at Muriya Tourism Development will share Muriya’s upcoming investment plans and projects
4. Is there any value addition an attendee can expect from this year’s event which was not there in the last year’s edition?
This year we have added new sectors and projects from the key stakeholders. These include sports, housing, utilities, seaports and harbours. Plus this year we will be reviewing the Duqm key projects and plans.
Back to all ONSITE Exclusives
Share this story: